Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cars Birthday Party Center Pieces

These center pieces for my son's 4th birthday party were so easy... and you can jazz them up even more by layering different color paper or whatever!

Since I was spending the bulk of my budget on a Cars bounce house I had very little left over for decorations. Here is how I made 4 center pieces for the kids tables at my son's party.

The first thing you need to do is decide what color you want the puffy paper base to be. I knew that I wanted either red or black. Then I checked out the clearance section of the Oriental
Trading Company website and found some Halloween center pieces with the black puffy paper base for only $2 each. I also found some monkey ones for $1 each but the base was green...

Then I searched Cars pictures online and found each of the mail characters, saved the image on my pc, and added some text using my picture editing software. If you don't have editing software, try copying and pasting the picture you want into Word.

I printed the pictures on matte photo paper, cut them to the size that I wanted, mounted them over the Halloween picture and trimmed off the extra.

If they hadn't gotten trashed I might have saved them for future use but since they were so cheap I did not feel bad tossing them in the recycle bin.

1 comment:

  1. I saw these in person - as the grandma of the 4yr old at the party - and they look So professional, that you'd swear they were bought at the "party store"!

    ReplyDelete