Friday, April 8, 2011

Coupon Savings!!!!

The new reality show on TLC about people who save hundreds of dollars on each trip to the grocery store has gotten me back into the habit of clipping coupons. Here's what I bought and saved today -

At the Dollar General store (which does take coupons!!)


9 boxes of Kelloggs cereal that cost $2.75 each. In store sale was $2.00 each. Add my $1.50 off three boxes coupons (I had three).

Full price - $24.75
I paid - $13.50 and each box of Pops had a $.50 coupon so it's like paying $12 total for 9 boxes of cereal! That's $.75 each!!!!

Pedigree Dentistix (Murphy loves these!) - $2.00 each. In store sale BOGO. Add my $1.00 off coupon.

Full price - $4.00
I paid - $1.00

The Jif peanut butter wasn't on sale but I needed it. It cost $3.50 which is cheaper than Kroger or Publix for this size jar.

At Publix


I got a lot of stuff and saved over $40 with their BOGO deals, Publix coupons, manufacturer coupons, and a $5 off when you spend $30 or more Publix coupon. My total was $41.53.

Since there are so many coupons and sale prices here I will just tell you about the ones I am particularly proud of -

Three Tubes of Desitin - in-store coupon was save $3 when you buy three or more and I had three $1 off manufacturer coupons. Total per tube came out to just $3.49.

One Box of Truvia - in-store coupon for $1 off paired with $1 manufacturer coupon means I paid only $1.99. Sweet!

Two Boxes of Mueller Pasta - BOGO deal was two for $1.39 and I had one $1 off coupon so I paid $.39 for two boxes. I only wish that I had multiple coupons so that I could stock up!!

Deals like this is why it is SO worth it to get more than one Sunday paper.

Have any awesome coupon deals to share or tips on how to save more? Please leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome savings!! And, that's why some people "dumpster dive" in the paper recycle bins for the tossed coupons!

    ReplyDelete